2018 was an amazing year for SHI and our team! Here are the top 10 highlights from the past year:
- Helped rural communities access more than $40 million in capital funding to develop affordable housing. These projects aim to break ground in 2019.
- Presented to 8 town councils
- Presented at 7 conferences across Canada
- Assisted 10 groups with pre-development activities
- Hired 10 staff
- The SHI’s Program Director Joshua Benard was recognized as Top 40 Under 40 by Avenue Magazine
- The ARDN received a 2018 ROOPH (Recognizing Outstanding Organizations and People in Housing) award from Homeward Trust for its work through the SHI and HPS
We also received various funding including:
- $800,000 from Energy Efficient Alberta to help affordable housing projects reach net-zero energy efficiency
- $477,000 from Homelessness Partnering Strategy to help develop a toolkit for building sustainable affordable housing
- $75,000 from the Alberta Real Estate Foundation for research on the psychology of aesthetics
Thank you to everyone that made 2018 a memorable year! We are looking forward to 2019 and continuing to address the need for affordable housing in rural communities.