The Rural Immigration team is committed to ongoing engagement with rural communities and immigrant communities to better understand their needs. We are focused on capacity building efforts in partnership with communities to support settlement and integration while working together to create welcoming communities. Our team can provide expertise on the opportunities and challenges that may present themselves, and deliver solutions tailored to specific community needs.
- Working with communities to coordinate efforts to create welcoming communities
- Conducting needs assessment with the community to understand the rural settlement experience of newcomers and identify
- Supporting community efforts to attract and retain newcomers in rural areas
- Providing customizable training on a variety of topics to build the capacity of local service providers
Discover how to support newcomers in your community with our latest Toolkit
The Strengthening Community Capacity to Support Newcomers Toolkit is funded by the Government of Alberta and showcases the capacity-building training that our team, in partnership with ASSIST Community Services Centre, conducted with four rural communities.
This toolkit serves two purposes for any service provider, community or organization:
- It will assist communities in understanding the needs of newcomers, best practices for supporting newcomers, and understanding more about the Canadian immigration system.
- It contains a list of resources that can be accessed to further support newcomers with their integration and settlement into the community or workplace. This resource list also includes information regarding different immigrant groups and multi-barriered newcomers.
Question? Email Soheila Homayed, Project Manager, Rural Immigration.