Virtual placement anywhere in Canada, or option to work in our Edmonton office if COVID allows.
DURATION & WAGE: This position is guaranteed for 8 weeks, full-time work, beginning as soon as possible. The position may be extended to up to 17 weeks depending on the needs of RDN & available funding. The wage is $19/hr.
As this position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs program, certain eligibility requirements apply. Candidates must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
The individual in this role will be responsible for assisting with the operations of our organization, to ensure all our programs can be delivered successfully. The individual will be working with the RDN’s Director of Operations, and assisting with projects like:
- Developing budgeting & financial reporting processes and templates under the guidance of the Director of Operations;
- Updating RDN’s onboarding process and helping to improve and streamline it;
- Identifying professional development opportunities for staff;
- Updating the strategic plan, under the guidance of the Director of Operations;
- Tracking next steps and other deliverables, and conducting follow ups and check ins;
- Developing goal-setting processes and strategies to ensure staff can reach their goals and potential, based on industry best practices;
- Updating policies as needed;
- Scheduling meetings;
- Crafting and sending emails;
- Attending meetings and taking notes;
- Coordinating meetings of our provincial and national networks and collaborative groups, taking meeting notes and assisting with follow-up action items;
- Assisting with grant applications & grant writing;
- Assisting with project-specific work as needed for RDN’s initiatives;
- Assisting with recruitment activities, as needed.
DESIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and oral presentation
- Results driven, resourceful and proactive
- Flexible, change embracing and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Capacity to work independently and in a team
- Self-motivated with a high degree of integrity, honesty, and ethics
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office
- A background or interest in operations, HR, or another relevant area would be an asset.
WHAT TO EXPECT WORKING AT RDN:
RDN is a very entrepreneurial non-profit organization with a diverse team of approximately 20 staff, and a unique work environment. We have adapted our work style in light of the pandemic, and adopted long-term strategies that we found increased productivity and satisfaction including working part-time from home and part-time in the office, and having a 35 hour work week with every second Friday off. We have a team-oriented and inclusive culture, we strive to help our staff grow as professionals, and encourage team members to explore their interests to develop new opportunities.
Currently, RDN staff are working 100% virtually until pandemic restrictions are lifted.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.